Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Your First Halloween

Dear Lily,

Right now Ella’s favorite show is Phineas and Ferb.  She watches it every morning while you and Charlie are still sleeping.  This year for Halloween, she wanted to be Phineas.  I wanted to have a family-themed Halloween, so I had Charlie dress up as Ferb, and I had you go as Perry the Platypus.

Here’s a funny backstory to Perry the Platypus.  When I taught freshman Biology, I remember teaching a lesson where a platypus was mentioned.  I told my students that my family mascot is a platypus because my maiden name is Platt.  One of my students shouted from the back of the room, “Really Mrs. G?!?  That is so cool! Your family mascot is a platypus!”  I remember being so confused as to why this was so exciting for him, but now that I’ve watched the show, I realize just how cool having a platypus as a family mascot really is! Where’s Perry?

IMG_1804 IMG_1802 Oh, there you are Perry!

Here’s one of the whole family together.  None of the pictures turned out great, but you get the idea.

IMG_1805 IMG_1789

May I just say that you put the Platt in platypus!

 

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment